Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MUD/MUCK and general MU
09-14-2012, 08:19 PM
MUD/MUCK and general MU
Furry fans all over tend to learn about MU*s after enough exposure to others. Wondered if there's any other MU* users out there. Feel free to share which ones you cruise and RP on.

I've been on the old Yimu MUCK, now known as the Library, FM, Tapestries and a few other random MUs that were small or under development. Got to be decently known for teaching RP etiquette on MU*s and for my descriptions, including commissions and a wedding setting I put together for two friends. Was glad I could make the day special for them. If you know the crazy hybrid lynx twins from one of those places, then you've seen me around.

Any other MUCKers out there?

[Image: loli_instrumentality_projec_zpsd8307ca7.jpg]
Note: A good critique is sometimes harsh even when the critic likes it. What makes it good is the advice for the one receiving it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2012, 02:21 AM
RE: MUD/MUCK and general MU
.........I don't know what any of this is....but I am intrigued.

(On skype I am always either set to "away" or "invisible" If you want to talk just go ahead and message me and if I am on I'll respond, if not I will respond when I do get on)

Never take anything I say seriously unless I use my serious face
This is my serious face Notamused
09-15-2012, 02:34 AM
What?
-----------
09-15-2012, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012 06:25 AM by Tkitty.)
MUCK <LINK>
MUD <LINK>
MUSH <LINK>

For those that can visualize novels and fanfics, it can be a great real time RP medium. They've been kicking around since the early days of the internet, and are great because they can be intense for the level of immersion with the code work and descriptives when knowledgeable and creative people are allowed to do what they do best. I've run into RP settings ranging from the everyday right out into the far flung. I've seen pokemorph settings, I've seen high fantasy and sci-fi settings, setting related to numerous show including Tiny Toons as well as places that are entirely free form when it comes to characters and how they choose to behave, within the ROE and standard user agreement type stuff. Was helping to create a SWATcats setting at one point and still have some of the setting space for a private island school/college setting that covers all ages. Would love to build that place and get it off the ground. Could work great with a crowd like this.

As long as you can wrap your head around the text aspect, it can be as simple or intensive as you wish, and I've played and taught along all depths of want in the text immersion. Though most don't want to be what some call paragraph posters. Epic

The coding is fairly simple, and I've almost started one or two a few times, myself. I just don't have the free time to build in the last few years. Favorite part to the whole thing is that the system itself doesn't take much space. Seen people run one off an old hard drive and crap, eight year old, PCU build that they just leave plugged in without a monitor.

Note: A good critique is sometimes harsh even when the critic likes it. What makes it good is the advice for the one receiving it.
10-10-2012, 01:37 PM
I've been MU*ing since I was just a little kid (lol I first yiffed on The Lion King MU* when I was 12. No lie. I was absolutely horrible and the lady ran off when she found out how young I was, but after my first time I was hooked and could not get enough of the yiffy scene). I mostly hung out at TLK and Redwall but after a bit I just sorta dropped away. Now I don't really know any good MU*s. I'd -love- to hear some suggestions as to where I could hook up with some other loli/cub folks and RP. I always just assumed that sort of stuff didn't happen on MU*s since I never saw it while I was active in those places. If it -does- happen I'd love to hear where so I can get me some of that.
10-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Liberty, if it's strictly furry/cub oriented, Tapestries is an awesome place, with settings like St. Mary's school for wayward furs as a fun place to play with other lower aged settings nearby. Let me say that it's an eighteen and up MU* just so that last sentence isn't interpreted wrong. You have the chance of running into a well known personality on Tapestries as well. Used to RP on Tapestries with several popular characters when I was more active.

If it's loli/shota/cub and fur then The Library, a place that's gotten pretty dead since it's glory days as Yimu muck, has never killed off male, female, herm or non-sexual characters of any type as the mods I hung with told me. The exception were characters that were strictly made to be a troll by existing, ei. duplicate characters used to mess with people. It has quieted down much since those days though, but it's pretty free form as far as construction rules go. I have an entire island I was working on for a school setting covering pre-school all the way to college hidden on there under my main account.

I haven't been too heavily active in MU*s for a while and can't speak for the vast array of connections and setting that are out there these days, so it's good to ask around when you can. I do want to see about linking up with some old friends to start one at some point though, and have thought about trying to bond one to a site like this. Be easier to get people involved with the array of fetishes running around here. Big Grin

I'd love to recreate my Library school island setting independently for here if I could get others to act as mods with me. I'd likely split the building mod title with someone due to being buisy building and relearning the coding as to make it a more immersive and hands off RP environment.

10-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Heh. I always thought it'd be fun to make 'KodoMUCK', the anime-child MU* where people can come and hang out as their favorite <18 character. On the outside it would be harmless and all innocent with lots of rules about how it's not meant for -that- kind of RP... with a secret backside of people 'in the know' who slip off to hidden corners to do who knows what.

After you mentioned Tapestries I looked it up and it seemed familiar. Turns out I had an account there (probably years ago) but it's still around, so I didn't even have to wait for the app to process. I guess I'll start hangin' around St. Mary's from now on. See if I can find a nice little sister/underclassgirl to have a nice old-fashioned school romance with Tongue
10-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Keep an eye out for a lynx or two, maybe a young cheshire. ;3